COME & JOIN US!
Mid Wales Opera exists to build a passion for opera across Wales and beyond, and we need an arts marketing professional to help us reach new and existing audiences, and share our love of this extraordinary artform.
If you think you fit the bill, or know someone who does, then please read the job description below and get in touch. We’re a small team with big ideas and two exciting tours coming up for our new marketer to get their teeth into. There’s plenty to do – and we’re here to help!
Marketing Officer Freelance contract
The fee payable for the contract period will be £4650 (based on an estimated 2 days per week for 7 months October 2018 – April 2019).
Mid Wales Opera needs a passionate marketing freelancer to join our busy team and to lead the company’s digital marketing, focussing on two tours in Autumn 2018 and Spring 2019.
Mid Wales Opera was founded in 1988, growing out of community based productions around Newtown, Powys, and has been producing professional touring opera since 1989. MWO now tours twice each year – on a SmallStages model to 16 community halls and small theatres each Autumn and with nine main stage shows each Spring.
To work with the Executive Director and key staff to lead on all aspects of the organisation’s marketing and PR activity, which includes promoting the Autumn 18 tour of A Spanish Hour, Ravel’s L’heure espagnole and Spring 2019 tour of Tosca, education and outreach programmes as well as raising the profile of the company.
- To manage and update the organisation’s website, liaising with the staff team and with IT professionals and designers where necessary to ensure website security, development, accessibility & standards.
- To develop a social media campaign, working with venue staff and volunteers, to support both tours.
- Co-ordinate the organisation’s positive online profile, ensuring social media opportunities are maximised and channels are kept up to date.
- To be responsible for editing and publishing the organisation’s E-newsletters and E-invites
- To maintain and increase the organisation’s profile and brand recognition through online marketing
Marketing and Press
- To work with the Executive Director, in-house designer and with venue staff to co-ordinate the development and delivery of marketing, press and publicity materials for the organisation and ensure that campaigns are delivered on time and to agreed budgets.
- To work with key staff to co-devise and co-implement tailored marketing campaigns for specific projects such as the Dido and Aeneas community opera in Easter 2019 and Christmas Carols concert.
- To work alongside our in house designer to create effective print campaigns
Audience Research and Development
- To input as part of the team research and development around both existing audiences and new audiences.
Skills and Personal Qualities
- Proven arts marketing experience
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Ability to communicate effectively in the medium of Welsh
- An interest and enthusiasm for the performing arts.
- Experience of developing creative online content for a range of social media platforms – and specifically of maintaining a WordPress based website.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional eye for detail and methodical approach to work
- A strong administrator with good IT and computer skills
- Organised and has good project management skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and on own initiative, with the ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- Excellent team working skills
How to apply
Please send a full C.V. and supporting letter of application addressing the details outlined in the Brief and Skills and Personal Qualities by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The post would be home based and staff live and work around Mid Wales and the Borders. Own transport or ability to travel is essential.
Deadline for applications: Friday Sept 21st
Interviews week commencing: Monday Sept 24th